Saturday, April 13, 2013


I said to my son Roger one day, “I don’t do physics.”
He, patiently, answered, “You do physics every day.  You just don’t know it.”
I am realizing more and more the size of what we glimpse in Jesus... “That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have looked upon, and touched with our hands concerning the word of life...”
There is so much that I don’t understand. Prayer, for example:  yesterday there was a desperate, seemingly necessary plea left apparently unanswered, and  the same day, another surprising intervention that is so exact that I cannot believe it to be coincidence? What is up with that?  (“If You are answering prayers today, God ... HOW ABOUT THIS ONE!!!”).
We have done each other a disservice when we try to explain things too much, as though we understand  everything. Reality, the action of God, life, love, resurrection are all great mysteries.  
We do them every day. We just don’t know it. 

No comments: